Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Chardikala Jatha - Live at Harimandir Sahib - Apr. 2nd

I just finished converting the two videos (from PAL to NTSC) of Chardikala Jatha playing kirtan at Harmandir Sahib so I could watch it on my home DVD player. I was going to post the video later on...but after listening to the earlier video from April 2nd 2006 I have been in bliss listening and had to share it with you all. Here I am on my laptop in the living room listening/watching since I can't tear myself away. I like this video better than the one I posted earlier. They also played a bunch of shabads I haven't heard them play before which is nice. This video was done in the evening right before Rehiras (evening) and the one that I posted earlier was from the morning so they are in different raags too. It's a nice way to spend a friday evening after a busy week. I feel that sigh of relief and peace this evening. Part of it is the feeling of joy of spreading the mission of the Gurus and being thankful to be a part of it. It's awesome seeing so many friends of mine excelling and doing great things in the world (most of whom were classmates or I grew up with). It's also exciting "building bridges" with Sikh youth from other backgrounds and working together. Building bridges of understanding, friendship and commonality. I'm excited to meet up with the Sikh youth that are coming to Espanola this summer! Plus I have the exciting arrival of a new child in my family somewhere around the end of June beginning of July. We'll see how blogging goes after that since it will be a big change of pace for me. Oh yeah...This is the video where some of the management thought my friend Siri Amrit Singh was a Girl because he doesn't have much of a beard yet. You'll see him playing the Tampura on the right and they zoom in on his face a few times. Ok...I'm out. I hope you all are having a relaxing evening/weekend. I wasn't planning to post this video yet...so don't have the normal windows media format for the video download. I'll post that next week when I am back in the office.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?