Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Sri Dasmesh Bagpiper Band (Malaysia)

When I was in Malaysia I had the chance to meet some of the young Sikh guys from the Sri Dasmesh Band. There were four guys that I met at the four day Baisakhi program (Cheras) and they performed with their bagpipes and dhol drums. I missed their performance so the day before I left they all came over to the house I was staying at and we jammed again on the Bagpipes. It was great fun. (see some of the pictures here) Here is part of a video that I got from them. I guess there was a news story about the Sri Dasmesh band on Malaysian TV. The first part is the actual news story and the second is some raw video footage. The news dialog is in Malay (the language of Malaysia) however you can watch and listen. It's cool seeing Sikhs involved in different cultural aspects. Especially exploring other styles of music and instruments.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?